Center of Excellence

ltrain98026
on 11/18/08 1:16 pm - Everett, WA
Anyone have to choose a doctor from a Center of Excellence based on your insurance plan?  If so which one did you choose.  They are kind of spread out, spokane, seattle, federal way.

I appreciate any feedback. 
jlph62
on 11/18/08 3:11 pm - Olympia, WA
Hi
I had to have a doctor from a center of excellence because I have medicare.  I have Group Health Clear Care and I was referred to Virginia Mason.  So far everything has been going very smooth and every call I have made has been returned promptly.  I will be meeting with Dr Thirlby in Seattle on Dec 3 and then I will be getting my surgery date.  All of the feedback that I have been given is that the doctors at Virginia Mason are all excellent.
Joanne
Helen_Anne
on 11/18/08 11:58 pm - Bremerton, WA
Here is the link to  Medicare's list  of  Bariatric Center's of Excellence.  You can look for hospitals in Washington.

http://www.cms.hhs.gov/MedicareApprovedFacilitie/BSF/list.as p

You may want to check with your insurance company about if a surgeon who is connected with a Center of Excellence is all they are looking for ... or does the surgeon have to be an approved Center of Excellence surgeon.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Christine Gibson
on 11/19/08 6:55 am - Redmond, WA
Overlake Hospital in Bellevue is a Center of Excellence.  That hospital is certainly closer to you, since you live in Everett.  Dr. David Lauter is a Center of Excellence surgeon affiliated with Overlake Hospital, and other hospitals as well.  He was my surgeon 4 years ago and did a very wonderful job providing for me this incredible tool which definiately has improved my way of life.

You are also more than welcome to join my support group, North West Weight Loss Surgery Support Group.  Our meeting is tomorrow night at the Kirkland Fire Station #22.  The address is 6602 108th Avenue NE, Kirkland WA 98033.  Our meeting is from 7:00 p.m.to 9:00 p.m.
                Christine Gibson, MS, MA
       ObesityHelp Support Group Leader and Support Group Coach
               Bariatric University Suport Group Coach
               www.ObesityHelp.com/group/BellevueWA
               [email protected]
(deactivated member)
on 11/20/08 9:52 am
I like Dr Lauter as well. My aunt, uncle and cousin all used him and are doing GREAT! I plan on using him as well.
jodyvs
on 11/21/08 6:51 am
UW is also a Center of Excellence...
juicyprincess
on 11/26/08 1:18 am - Tacoma, WA

St Francis has BOTH accredidations: ASBS (american society for bariatric surgeons) from the ACS (american college of surgeons) for a level 1b bariatric surgery center AND Center of Excellence...they are the only 1 in state to have both.

they also have won awards from insurance companiese (cigna, aetna, ERL and blue cross blue distinction).

Most Active